Firefighters & Paramedics for Public Safety
We hope that when you and your family vote, you will consider supporting these candidates. As in the past, these candidates have earned the endorsement of firefighters based on their position on fire fighter issues and safety. In short, these candidates support Public safety.
Dont Close The Door On Public Safety - Keep Aid Cars and Fire Engines OPEN
Until recently, the Everett Fire Department operated with a minimum of 35 Firefighters on duty each day. Now, on certain days it would drop even lower by putting an Aid Car and/or Fire Engine in your neighborhood out of service. The current staffing model would drop that staffing level to just 28 Firefighters total. This is a significant reduction in service levels and greatly increases the safety risk to our community.
Everett Firefighters answer the call when:
Your home or business catches fire;
- You have a life-threatening medical emergency;
- There is a hazardous materials spill or leak; or
- When any other type of emergency occurs
SHUTTING DOWN aid cars or a fire engine — EVEN TEMPORARILY — will mean LONGER response time to your emergency.
This puts the SAFETY of you and your family at RISK, especially when you consider:
- A fire can double in size in less than a minute.
- In case of a cardiac arrest, a patient’s survival decreases at a rate of 10% for each minute without medical intervention. That same patient will experience permanent brain damage or death in less than six minutes.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Contact your Council members and the Mayor and tell them to keep fire companies and Aid cars OPEN by restoring proper staffing levels.